This represents my notes on a new Windows 7 setup. It assumes that I have already activated it and installed updates, etc.
Yes, I know Windows 7 is unsupported. So what?
- Set performance in computer properties -> advanced -> performance
- turn off all except font smoothing
- Set for auto login, using “netplwiz”
- Connect to mac volume pub as “net use v: \10.0.1.211\pub”
- Get and install firefox
- Install TCC from https://jpsoft.com/products/tcc-le.html
- Make a directory for tools c:\usr
- Get 7zip and install in c:\usr\7zip
- Install ztreewin in c:\usr\ztree
- Set the system variable HOME to somewhere sane; c:\rcvn
- in computer properties -> advanced -> environment variables
- Install emacs for windows into c:\emacs
- Put a .emacs file into HOME
- install gitforwindows
- Install tortoisegit
- tortoisegit doesn’t seem to integrate to explorer ???
- install powerpro to c:\usr\powerpro