Oh, confusion! Welcome back friend!
I’ve been Hackintoshing for about 8 years now. I love the results. The path is sometime a little convoluted, and has gotten more confusing since the last machine I built (in 2015).
But, here we go again.
- Gigabyte Motherboard. I don’t go for the really high-end, but …
I want to max out ram. The newer ones have 128GB capacity.
- Z390 Designare has two ethernet ports, usb-c, and etc.
- Intel processor.
- Memory – I’m starting with half of MB capacity at 2x32GB,
- Corsair or
- Power supply, a modular one like this. It is possible to spend a lot more money, but nah…
- Cooling. Standard, not planning to overclock (today)
- Case. A blank case. I don’t want leds flashing at me all the time.
- Video card. I have a decent 570; do I want to buy a 580?
- NVMe, motherboard attached ssd
- Monitors. Hah!
Keyboard, mouse, etc. Hah!
- install emacs
- install xcode and its command line tools
- install homebrew
- /bin/bash -c “$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install.sh)”
- brew install wget
- brew install id3v2
- brew install pianobar
- brew install imagemagick
- brew install iperf3
- brew install frotz
- brew install gawk